Ok. For those of you unfamiliar with origami diagrams, dash-dash-dash lines mean valley fold (points away from you) and dash-dot-dash lines mean mountain fold (points towards you). For me, dot-dot-dot lines mean cutting.
For this you’ll need to start with a square of paper and have a pair of scissors, a protractor, and a pencil at the ready. The paper should be either very thin, or as I have it, very large; the ten-point spirograph requires more folds than the eight point.
1: Fold diagonally in half.
2: Fold into quarters as shown.
3: Rotate 45 degrees so that it appears as in the next picture.
4: Use your protractor to mark every 18 degrees as shown.
5: Starting from the open side, fold the top layer only along the marks, alternating between mountain and valley folds.
(It should look like an accordion after that)
6: Flip the whole model horizontally, so that the accordioned flap is on the bottom.
7: Fold the uncreased flap the same way, using the creased flap as a template to guide you.
(FULL ACCORDION! This shows the square unfolded to 1/2.)
8: Compress the accordion as shown in the next picture.
9: You will notice there are inner flaps. You have to cut off the top points, and where you cut should be determined by the innermost flap; try to cut just at the top of that shortest flap. (Flap is a very silly noun.) Also cut off the bottom points as shown.
10: Cut out a triangular section as shown.
11: Another, slightly smaller…
12: Again. In this step and the next cuts be sure to keep an eye on the back side of the model; the paper tends to creep during these cuts, and you could end up severing an important piece if you don’t watch out.
14: You know the drill. (Heheh it looks like a drill I’ll be quiet now)
15: Smaller cuts…
16: Even smaller…
17: OK UNFOLD NOW…
Bam! There it is! A beautiful ten-point spirograph, as seen in Homestuck. Tape them to the ceiling at your Homestuck christmas party! Use them as your tree-skirt!
Blow people’s minds! Put an eight-point spirograph in the middle! Find some green paper for the large one and make a horde of small red ones, tape ‘em together for a wreath! Show me what you do with them! Please! Thanks for reading!
- thehomestucksarecoming reblogged this from homestuckresources
- thehomestucksarecoming likes this
- knightofcrows likes this
- punkyzomby-alien likes this
- grackeh likes this
- dean-o-likescas reblogged this from usefulartreference
- dean-o-likescas likes this
- queentimethief likes this
- zomb3red reblogged this from homestuckresources
- zomb3red likes this
- mightymorphinmurderer likes this
- steampunk-apocalypse likes this
- bakerstownexperiment likes this
- catastrophicblog reblogged this from ingoe
- yohohocx likes this
- sciencehijinks reblogged this from nepstuck
- thishasbecomeyourreality reblogged this from nepstuck
- spookysilverstars likes this
- megidown likes this
- ailavyn-siniyash reblogged this from nepstuck
- nepstuck reblogged this from ingoe
- all-of-humankind reblogged this from ingoe
- grenadier-of-bullets reblogged this from ingoe
- grenadier-of-bullets likes this
- we-are-occupational-hazards likes this
- all-of-humankind likes this
- captainofthegeeks likes this
- damiwaynie likes this
- ingoe reblogged this from homosaxualiteas
- sapphire-trails reblogged this from meow-minola
- sapphire-trails likes this
- meow-minola reblogged this from princessbonillaescope
- meow-minola likes this
- cyclight reblogged this from strongbademail
- liz0775 reblogged this from yaminoaoi
- liz0775 likes this
- muffinthestud reblogged this from obliviousham
- nyaniiscat reblogged this from cancerously
- niftynapalm likes this
- gingerwolf9900 reblogged this from obliviousham
- legitaly likes this
- phantommaster113 reblogged this from casuallyakward
- phantommaster113 likes this
- purplemooninthezoo reblogged this from yaminoaoi
- purplemooninthezoo likes this
- overlord-of-villainous-things likes this
- confessofthebitch reblogged this from skeletonrabbit
- shabby-chique likes this
- skeletonrabbit reblogged this from obliviousham
- mrdotz reblogged this from obliviousham