Ok. For those of you unfamiliar with origami diagrams, dash-dash-dash lines mean valley fold (points away from you) and dash-dot-dash lines mean mountain fold (points towards you). For me, dot-dot-dot lines mean cutting.
For this you’ll need to start with a square of paper and have a pair of scissors, a protractor, and a pencil at the ready. The paper should be either very thin, or as I have it, very large; the ten-point spirograph requires more folds than the eight point.
1: Fold diagonally in half.
2: Fold into quarters as shown.
3: Rotate 45 degrees so that it appears as in the next picture.
4: Use your protractor to mark every 18 degrees as shown.
5: Starting from the open side, fold the top layer only along the marks, alternating between mountain and valley folds.
(It should look like an accordion after that)
6: Flip the whole model horizontally, so that the accordioned flap is on the bottom.
7: Fold the uncreased flap the same way, using the creased flap as a template to guide you.
(FULL ACCORDION! This shows the square unfolded to 1/2.)
8: Compress the accordion as shown in the next picture.
9: You will notice there are inner flaps. You have to cut off the top points, and where you cut should be determined by the innermost flap; try to cut just at the top of that shortest flap. (Flap is a very silly noun.) Also cut off the bottom points as shown.
10: Cut out a triangular section as shown.
11: Another, slightly smaller…
12: Again. In this step and the next cuts be sure to keep an eye on the back side of the model; the paper tends to creep during these cuts, and you could end up severing an important piece if you don’t watch out.
14: You know the drill. (Heheh it looks like a drill I’ll be quiet now)
15: Smaller cuts…
16: Even smaller…
17: OK UNFOLD NOW…
Bam! There it is! A beautiful ten-point spirograph, as seen in Homestuck. Tape them to the ceiling at your Homestuck christmas party! Use them as your tree-skirt!
Blow people’s minds! Put an eight-point spirograph in the middle! Find some green paper for the large one and make a horde of small red ones, tape ‘em together for a wreath! Show me what you do with them! Please! Thanks for reading!
- whoovestrings likes this
- davestrideshere reblogged this from mrharrisonford
- anongirl88 likes this
- cantovvn likes this
- unknown-dimension-1337 reblogged this from whippedpotato
- unknown-dimension-1337 likes this
- ampledata reblogged this from whippedpotato
- ampledata likes this
- yourotherpersonalspaceinvader likes this
- sheepbeard reblogged this from whippedpotato
- whippedpotato reblogged this from keluturtle
- zipadeedoodah-day likes this
- somehomestuckstuff reblogged this from homestuckresources
- pfmzkzrefs reblogged this from artiststoolbox
- nekorecord likes this
- marguritezxd likes this
- averycutemayor reblogged this from lobotomyp0p
- freshmanoflegends likes this
- ookamimes likes this
- kismesprits reblogged this from thesunmaid
- konote reblogged this from salihombox
- konote likes this
- winzeppelin likes this
- journeysmarytr reblogged this from shadzu
- black-veil-batman likes this
- xxzoaaxx likes this
- halcyonhaneul reblogged this from homestuckresources
- meowfries likes this
- pikachewiechu reblogged this from thesunmaid
- pikachewiechu likes this
- hoylshit likes this
- doesfruitdance likes this
- ugugo reblogged this from thesunmaid
- shingeki-no-superwholock-stuck reblogged this from homestuckresources
- shingeki-no-superwholock-stuck likes this
- bonifalmao reblogged this from mightythesaurusrex
- bonifalmao likes this
- the-outcast-dragon likes this
- mightythesaurusrex reblogged this from silverspindle
- videohusky likes this
- justjusti likes this
- sher-stuck-whovian reblogged this from justcallmedoctorchu
- silverspindle reblogged this from justcallmedoctorchu
- justcallmedoctorchu likes this
- justcallmedoctorchu reblogged this from with-both-my-hearts
- nopes-into-the-sunset likes this
- ccarolinaa likes this
- thecoyotetrickster reblogged this from with-both-my-hearts
- thecoyotetrickster likes this
- with-both-my-hearts reblogged this from pyrojirah